Meet Our Doctor
Dr. Farah is specialized in:
- Emergency Medicine, Diplomat Board of Certification American Academy of Emergency Physician.
He has practiced in this field since 1980. Although he is not engaged actively working at emergency department, in hospital currently, but he has incorporated his knowledge & expertise in this field into his established Urgent care since 2002 at Encino California.
- Internal Medicine (PCP), Board qualified American Board of Internal Medicine. He is a highly experienced physician & diagnostician in a wide range of complex acute & chronic illnesses.
45 years of practicing medicine in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine and General Surgery, Dr. Farah has seen it all.
- Traveling Medicine & Immunization:
Dr. Farah founded The Center for Traveller’s Immunization located in the heart of Encino, Ca in 2002 to provide the finest medical care to our clients in traveling medicine. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure our center is designed to help and prepare your customized medical needs for any upcoming travel plans. See www.travellerimmunization.com
- Weight Management Center
Dr. Farah with special interest in treatment of obesity has established a weight management center among his medical practices at Encino Town Medical Group. He, with his knowledge and experience has shown great success in weight reduction and improve overall health state.
Having a holistic approach to life, he believes in a well-balanced lifestyle including a harmonious mixture of work, leisure, education relaxation and a balanced nutritious diet. He incorporates his personal principals in his medical practice and working environment.
He believes Patient-Physician relationship is sacred and requires certain elements
About Encino Commons Urgent Care
Emergency rooms are infamous for their lengthy wait times, which can be incredibly frustrating for patients with busy schedules. If you have a non-emergency medical issue of an urgent nature, but do not have, unable to reach & being cared by your own primary care physician , or are visiting the Encino, California area, the Encino Commons Urgent Care walk-in clinic can be an excellent alternative to an emergency room visit. Our highly trained staff treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries, adult & Children, in a professional and timely manner, and we do not require an appointment.
Dr. Farah and the Encino Commons Urgent Care team provide all patients with a thorough evaluation and customized treatment plan to resolve any problematic medical issues. Our walk-in clinic treats patients on a first-come, first-served basis; however, severely urgent cases receive priority care.
The Encino Commons Urgent Care is part of a broader, well recognized, medical facility at the same location in the heart of Encino California, Encino Town Medical Group & treatment Center.
Bijan Farah MD is the medical director and practicing physician at Encino Town Medical Group has provided medical & surgical services as Primary Care Physician to whom has chosen him, as their private doctor, over the last 20 years.
At the Encino Town Medical Group & Encino Commons Urgent Care, we treat a multitude of health issues of acute or chronic, and to offer our patients a variety of therapeutic services to include but not limited to:
- Surgical urgent conditions such as: Abrasions; Lacerations; Minor Burns; Contusion & Sprains; Minor Fractures; Abscesses; Animal Bite; Physical Assault; Personal & Sport Injury; Motor Vehicle Accident; foreign Body & many other conditions.
- Medical urgent conditions such as: Asthma; Shortness of breast; Earache; Wax in Ears; Cold & Flu; Throat & Sinus infection; Bronchitis & Cough; Nosebleed; Pink Eye & Stye; Chest pain; Palpitation; Arrythmia; UTI; Back pain; Neck pain; Joint pain; Arthritis; Gout; Headache & Migraine; Dizziness & Vertigo; Skin Rash & Infection; Abdominal pain; Vomiting; Diarrhea; Dehydration; Anxiety; Depression; Elevated Blood Pressure; Diabetes; Asthma, Allergic reaction and many other conditions.
- Other Urgent care Services such as:
- Heart assessment by Electrocardiogram
- Assessment of Shortness of Breath, Cough and Asthma by Spirometry
- Nebulizer Therapy for Shortness of Breath, Cough and Asthma
- X-ray services; Extremities, Spine, Chest, Abdomen & others (Off-site)
- Laboratories; Blood & Urine, Stool Test (Fecal Blood Occult), Drug Test & Screening, Quick Step test, Rapid Flu test and wide range of laboratory evaluation.
- Intravenous (IV) Therapy; Solutions & Medications
- Flu Vaccine & Travelers Immunization
- Limited Pharmacy on site
- Weight loss center
- Internal Medicine & Family Practice services, as your Primary care Physician (PCP)
- In treatment & diagnosis of wide range of complex illnesses related to Ears, Nose, Throat & Eye; Cardiovascular; Pulmonary; Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary; Skin; Rheumatology; Mental & Nervous system; and management of many conditions such as: Allergy & Asthma, Hypertension, diabetes; Hypoglycemia, Hyperlipidemia, Obesity & Erectile dysfunction.
- Preventive medicine, Screening for risk factors & Corrective measures: cardiovascular conditions, Stroke, Diabetes, weight control, Sexual Transmitted Disease (STD) & Cancer.
- Employment, School, Sport Physical & TB testing.
“Our patients are like family, that’s why they keep coming back!”
The Encino Town Medical Group Treatment center & Encino Commons Urgent care staff believe, in treating our patients like family, and we will always take the time to ensure that all your questions and concerns are addressed. If you have any questions or would like more information about the Urgent Care walk-in clinic services at Encino Town Medical Group, please contact us today, and begin your journey to better health. Our practice ranges from general family care, internal medicine to Urgent Care patients, as well as minor surgeries. We are even a center for traveler’s vaccinations.
COLD AND FLU
LACERATIONS * Abrasion, Laceration & contusion together one Keyword
X-RAYS to be removed.